Tuesday, December 13, 2011

R.I.P. Agnes, you will be missed.

1921 - 2011
My mother-in-law, Agnes Barker died peacefully in her sleep Saturday.  She was such a wonderful person.  I was very lucky to have known her, she was an inspiration to so many people, especially me!  I miss you already Agnes!

AGNES MARY HOWE BARKER, 95, of Mt. Pleasant, S.C., formerly of Huntington, widow of Karl Barker, died Dec. 10 at home. She was a homemaker. Funeral Liturgy will be 11 a.m. Thursday at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, Huntington. Rite of Committal will be at Spring Hill Cemetery, Huntington. Visitation from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Reger Funeral Home, where the Rosary will be recited at 7 p.m.

The Broken Chain
I little knew that morning. God was going to call your name,
In life I loved you dearly, in death I do the same.
It broke my heart to loose you, you did not go alone,
for part of me went with you, the day God called you home.
You left me beautiful memories your love is still my guide,
and though we cannot see you, you're always at my side.
Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.
Ron Tranmer

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I did not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
Mary Elizabeth Frye



4 comments:

Susan G said... [Reply to comment]

Debbie - I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother-in-law. I could tell how close you were to her. You and your husband are in our prayers.

Debbie Barker said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you Susan! She was like a mom to me!

Alison Shaffer said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry to find out about your loss. praying for comfort.

Ioana-Carmen said... [Reply to comment]

Hy doll! lovely post! what do u say about following each other?:X

FashionSpot.ro