Friday, September 30, 2011

Question of the Week


 What do you miss most about being a kid?

When I first read this question I had one simple answer - my MOM!  

But, as I mulled the question over and thought about being a kid, I really do miss my MOM, but there are also many other things I miss about being a kid.  I miss the fact that on most days, my biggest concern was making sure I was in the house by dark.  I miss the feeling of being loved by Granny and Grandpa - completely.  I miss the excitement of new events like the first day of school excitement that I felt or the excitement of going to the fair.  I miss crawling in bed between my Granny and Grandpa early in the morning.  I miss going on vacation to my Aunt & Uncle's house each summer in North Carolina and swimming, fishing and seeing the beauty of the ocean.  I miss feeding the ducks.  I miss all the friends that lived in our neighborhood.  

I think I could go on and on for hours.  I was so lucky to have grown up the way I did - with the family and friends that I had.  I know that the experiences I had will always make me smile whenever I think back on almost any situation.  I had very little sadness growing up.  When I look back on my childhood it is hard to recall bad times.  I know that my grandparents died when I was in grade school and that I felt that loss greatly and that there were other losses in our community throughout the years, but I think because of my family and friends love and support, it was not the devastating loss that it could have been.

I do have to say the the answer to the original question "What do you miss most about being a kid?" still has to be MOM!  And she is what I miss the most about being an adult too!



God saw you getting tired
God saw you getting tired
and a cure was not to be
so he put his arms around you
and whispered,
"Come to Me"
With tearful eyes we watched you
and saw you pass away
and although we love you dearly
we could not make you stay.
A Golden heart stopped beating
hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best

 

Do not stand at my grave and weep
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)
© 1932 Mary Elizabeth Frye


Legacy of Love
A wife, a mother, a grandma too,
This is the legacy we have from you.
You taught us love and how to fight,
You gave us strength, you gave us might.
A stronger person would be hard to find,
And in your heart, you were always kind.
You fought for us all in one way or another,
Not just as a wife not just as a mother.
For all of us you gave your best,
Now the time has come for you to rest.
So go in peace, you've earned your sleep,
Your love in our hearts, we'll eternally keep.
 

Don't cry for me
Don’t be sad
I don’t want to see you cry
I’m not forever away
Nothing could ever
Keep me that far away
People die
Just don’t plead
Why
Know I’ll still answer
To that nickname
Don’t weep when you hear it
Don’t be sad
And never fear it
Speak to me
As if I was still here
No weakening yourself
With useless tears
Death cannot separate us
All my love
And all my trust


A season
"For everthing there is a season...
A time to live...and a time to die"
Until we meet him in the air
"In the twinkling of an eye"
"For to be absent from this life" we shared
"Is to be present with the Lord"
It is, this season, until we meet again
That we find so awful hard
"There is a time for each of us to weep
And there is a time, that we should laugh"
For we know our Savior has overcome
All of this, on our behalf
"For I will wipe away all tears from their eyes
And there will be no more sorrow"
..."And a little child shall lead them
In the world tomorrow"
There is an "Appointed Time" for each of us
And then "Our Change Will Come"
"For God so loved the world
That he gave his only begotten Son"
(By: Lonnie Budro Jan 6 2011)



Those we love
Those we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.


If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I’d walk right up to heaven
And bring you home again.



0 comments: