Monday, January 24, 2011

This week in Maine

My mother-in-law is doing much better.  She was transferred from the hospital to a rehabilitation center on Saturday and other than a rough first night, she is doing better each and every day!  Thank you all for keeping Agnes in your thoughts and prayers.



Here in Maine, it is so COLD!  Did I say cold - I meant FREEZING!  John and I woke to -20 degrees - yes you read that right - 2o degrees below zero!  Now that is cold.  That is the actual temperature, not the wind chill temp. 



As I sit here writing this, I am thinking about finding my gloves.  All the heaters are cranked up, but living in a 200 year old farm house we know that once the temps reach zero it is hard to keep the place warm.  Below you can see what we have to look forward to for the rest of this week.  Can you say Brr?


I hope the temperatures at your home are much warmer than here!  At least we have some snow in the forecast.  If we are going to have the cold weather - we should have some snow too!

Keep warm!

2 comments:

Susan G said... [Reply to comment]

So glad your mother-in-law is doing so much better! But that is some cold weather there! Stay warm!

Alison said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to see your Mother in Law is better. It is really cold in Maine! It was 24 here this morning and freezing rain!