Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Is it possible to spread KINDNESS?

I am on a mission so watch out.  

My mission is to make kindness more contagious than the common cold.  

I am starting this mission with something that I have always been good at - smiling!

Do you want to join me on my mission?

Buddhist teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh said,"If in our daily life, we can smile....not only we, but everyone will profit from it.  


Please take a moment to consider these quotes on smiling.

"If you only have one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home and then go out in the street and start grinning "Good Morning" at total strangers." ~ Maya Angelou

"Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." ~ Mother Teresa

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

"Let a smile be your umbrella on a rainy day." ~ Lawrence Welk

"Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles." ~ George Elio

"Smile if it kills you. The physiology of smiling diffuses a lot of anger and angst. It makes your body and soul feel better." ~ Tom Peters

"Be multilingual; smiles are the universal language." ~ Unknown

"If you have made another person on this earth smile, your life has been worthwhile."~ Sr. Mary Christelle Macaluso

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." ~ Mark Twain


You may wonder how one person can make a difference in this large world.

I say I CAN make a difference by passing on my goal to others and extending an invitation to everyone that I know to participate in my mission to spread kindness one step at a time.

So, will you join me in my mission?




SMILE ON!  








4 comments:

Susan G said... [Reply to comment]

I'm in! Smiling is great! I especially like the Maya Angelou quote!

Jo's Health Corner said... [Reply to comment]

Hi,
What a great thing! I'm in on the mission to spread kindness.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad I came to your blog, it made me smile to read your post.

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

What a great mission! Smile :)

Alison said... [Reply to comment]

I loved the quotes on smiling. I will try to smile More!!!