Friday, December 17, 2010

I am on the mend!

What a week!  It is hard to believe how fast the days are passing by.  I can not believe that this is the last weekend/my last chance at shopping till Christmas!  I do not even want to think about it tonight - I will think about that tomorrow.

John made one of my favorite Christmas treats today.  He made my Aunt Chris's Cheese Bonbons - and boy were they delicious. 

CHEESE BONBONS

1 lb. sharp cheese, grated
2 sticks margarine, softened
2 cups flour
1 tsp. red pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
 1/2 lb whole pecans

  • Mix all together and roll into very small balls.
  • Place on cookie sheet covered with foil and press one-fourth of a pecan on top of each to flatten.  
  • Bake in 325 degree oven until dry and crisp.
  • Make very tiny balls.  (It takes about 25 min. in my oven.)      

I hope you get a chance to make them.  They are wonderful to wrap and give or take to a pot luck.  They are delicious and are not the standard candy or cookies!  I don't know about you, but I am so sick of sweets already!  These are the perfect substitute.

Tomorrow is looking like I will be spending the entire day shopping.  Would you believe that I have only bought about 5 or 6 gifts.  I am tired just thinking about tomorrow.  Wish me luck - I have so many people to buy for!

So, how are you spending your last weekend before Christmas?  I hope you are better organized this year than I am!

**Did I mention that I am feeling MUCH better?**

     

3 comments:

Susan G said... [Reply to comment]

So glad you are feeling better!

I'm going to be wrapping for most of the day!

The Mom O Blogger said... [Reply to comment]

That Cheese Bonbon recipe looks delightful!

Debbie Barker said... [Reply to comment]

The Cheese Bonbon is delicious! I would have posted a picture, but you know how it is...you just can't eat one!