Thursday, November 18, 2010

Where is the sunshine?

I miss the sunshine - where did it go?



Since we changed the clocks, I have been dreading the evenings.  I get off work and it is dark.  I am ready to go to bed almost as soon as I get home from work.

Here in Maine,  the sun set this evening at 4:13 PM.

My usual routine after work was to come home, walk the dogs and enjoy some exercise after being cooped up in an office all day.  But now, it is already dark before I even think about leaving the office!  Since I live in the country, there are not even any street lights near my home.  So I arrive home, it is pitch dark at 6:30, I walk in the the house and all I feel like doing is jumping in my pj's and curling up with a good book and waiting till a reasonable time so I can crawl into bed.

I definitely need to get out of this rut. 

I started walking the dogs every morning quite awhile ago. 

Then I started walking 4 miles after taking the dogs for their walk and before getting ready for work.  I try to work this in at least 3 times per week. 

My hope was that by doing this in the morning with the sun shining, the early sunset would not affect me quite as much.

I was wrong.

I have heard that using the light bulbs that mimic natural sunlight helps some people adjust to the change.

Have you tried these?  Did they work?  Do you have any suggestions?

I would love to hear what you do to handle the time change or if it even effects you.






0 comments: