Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So much to be thankful for!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

On Thanksgiving, most people try to express what they are thankful for.  

My goal this Thanksgiving is to make a point to remember daily why I am thankful and to express my thankfulness and gratitude to all those in my life.

Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.  ~Robert Caspar Lintner
In being thankful for the things I have been blessed with, I also want to remember those who are hungry, poor, unhappy, friendless and in need.   Let us all remember that over 960 million people worldwide, including 49 million Americans, will go hungry.  But remembering is not enough, I want to examine what I can do to make a difference in the lives of others. 
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy  
The greatest gift I have to give is my time through volunteering.  Volunteering gives you an opportunity to change lives, I find that my life is the one that is changed the most!   Need help getting started?  Go HERE! 
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. ~Booker T. Washington 
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! 

1 comments:

Capability said... [Reply to comment]

I like your post about being thankful - Great reminder and great quotes. Thank you for sharing this and commenting on my site today.