Thursday, November 11, 2010

Negative People - How to deal with their behaviors.

Definition of NEGATIVE

a : lacking positive qualities; especially : disagreeable  
b : marked by features of hostility, withdrawal, or pessimism that hinder or oppose constructive treatment or development negative outlook> <negative criticism> 


 
Have you ever  been around someone who never has anything good to say about anyone or anything?
Overtime, being around someone who is always negative will really bring you down.  

I am searching for ways to deal with negative people.  There are many instances when I have no choice but to be around and communicate with negative people.  My normal way of handling the negative person was to be positive, happy and point out good things about that person and hoping that it would rub off.  Guess what, it doesn't always work.  I now have to rethink my approach.  I am tired of allowing negative people to bring me down.

As always, I feel I need to find out why people behave this way in order to figure out how to best deal with these types of people.  I have done a lot of searching the web and have found that most resources list the following as reasons for people's negative behavior:
  1. Low self-esteem
  2. Passive aggressive tendencies
  3. Attention seeking tendencies
  4. Low level depression
  5. Learned behaviors from others
I am going to look around and see if I can find out how to deal with these negative people.   I will keep you updated! 

In the meantime, do you have any suggestions?






 

0 comments: