Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall is definitely here!


 There is a crispness to the air.  Not just cool but a feeling in the air that only comes in the fall.  It reminds me of apple picking and football games, it makes me want to start a pot of soup and stay in my PJ's all day. 



The only thing that I truly dislike about the fall is that the darkness comes so early here in Maine.  It seems like yesterday that it was light till 9 at night.  Now I struggle to leave work before dark now.  As soon as the sky starts to darken, I feel that it is time to get ready for bed, which makes me much less productive since there are so few daylight hours right now.  I am definitely not looking forward to winter when it is completely dark by 4PM.  Yuck!

For now I will just enjoy what daylight hours we have available, which is now at 11 hours.

As for our weekend plans, I feel like cleaning - did I really write that?  I guess what I mean is that I need to clean and organize before winter sets in.  Need to work on the flower beds and pull in all the outdoor items and put them into the barn.  I think I may leave the clothes line up for a while since I love the smell of laundry dried outside.
  

Hope y'all have a great rest of the week!  Enjoy the Fall!

~ Debbie ~

3 comments:

Susan G said... [Reply to comment]

Come to my house to clean!!! :)

Doreen Lombardo said... [Reply to comment]

I love Maine. It's so beautiful!

Debbie Barker said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for visiting Doreen - We think Maine is beautiful too! Especially this time of year