Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shopping anyone?

This weekend John and I are going to Cape Elizabeth which is south of Portland, ME, to get some ocean air and visit the coast before the weather turns too cold. 













The map is of Cape Elizabeth showing the Portland Headlight and the picture is of Fort Williams Park which is where the lighthouse is located.  It is a beautiful place to go and take a picnic lunch.  John and I have even spent our 4th of July there laying on a blanket while watching the beautiful fireworks over Casco Bay.

I have also decided while in Portland that I need to purchase some new clothes for work.  After loosing a total of 30 pounds, my clothes are looking down right sloppy.  John isn't one for much shopping but said I was truly in need of some better fitting clothes and we should just make a day of it!  I will try and get some pictures posted after our outing.

On the home front, nothing new to report.  Just working and trying to get use to the cooler weather.  We went from hot sweltering weather to temperatures in the 50s within one week.  It actually got down in the low 40's one night - brrr that is cold for September even here in Maine.  It is hard to believe that I was complaining about the heat this past summer.

Diane and I got to go to supper last night.  It was so nice seeing her.  I even remembered to take her birthday present after forgetting for a whole month.  When the weather turns cold, I start to get a bit sad knowing that soon my best friend will be leaving me for the winter and heading to Florida till May.  Enough time for that - I still have a few months before she flies south!

I hope y'all are having a great week.  ~Debbie~

1 comments:

Susan G said... [Reply to comment]

Definitely share pictures of your shopping finds!