Thursday, August 12, 2010

WHEW, what a week!

And I thought this week was going to be full of wonderful news...

Monday, John and I were full of anticipation waiting to hear about the sell of the house - !

Tuesday we woke early and suddenly the phone rings.  (It is never good news when the phone rings early in the morning or late at night)  My Aunt Chris called to tell me that my Aunt Catherine has fallen and hurt herself.  The ambulance is at her home to take her to the hospital and there is lots of blood on the floor.  I took a deep breath and got the information I needed to call the hospital and find out how she was doing.  After several calls - I found that she was hurt but going to be okay - so I left for work and TONS of meetings.

Later on Tuesday, I found out that my Aunt actually broke her arm and needed 9 stitches.  She is doing okay!  My Uncle Ross actually hurt his back pretty bad trying to pick her up after she had fallen. 

What a powerless feeling to know that your family is hurt and you are so far away and unable to help.

Tomorrow is Friday, and I am definitely ready for the weekend.  Part of me would like to make lots of wonderful plans to get my mind off the worries of the week - the other part of me would like to plan to be at home spending time with my best friend and love of my life and just enjoying being with each other. 

I'll think about that tomorrow...

0 comments: