Monday, June 7, 2010

It is Monday and It is a GOOD day!

Good Day!  And it is Monday!  It doesn't get much better than that!

Work went good.  I got lots accomplished and did not have to deal with any drama today.  It looks like all the visitors are gone for a few weeks - at least till the 17th - so everyone seems to be taking a relaxing sigh.  Mondays are usually so hectic, it is nice to have one that is simply smooth and quiet and enjoyable!

After work I called my Aunt Chris and Uncle Wade to see how they are doing but they were not home.  I called my brother and checked in with him to see how his weekend went.  He and Justin had just gone to get Justin a brand new bike.  He outgrew his old bike and got a new 20" blue bike.  Pictures will soon be posted as Justin has promised to let his daddy take a few pictures and even a video of him riding his new bike.  I can't wait!

Right now You've Got Mail is on - I am definitely a Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks fan!

Some good quotes from the movie:

Kathleen Kelly: [writing to "NY152"] Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void.

Joe Fox: [referring to Kathleen Kelly] Oh, no, she's beautiful, but she's a pill.

Kathleen Kelly: [writing to "NY152"] People are always saying that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all... has happened. My store is closing this week. I own a store, did I ever tell you that? It's a lovely store, and in a week it'll be something really depressing, like a Baby Gap. Soon, it'll be just a memory. In fact, someone, some foolish person, will probably think it's a tribute to this city, the way it keeps changing on you, the way you can never count on it, or something. I know because that's the sort of thing I'm always saying. But the truth is... I'm heartbroken. I feel as if a part of me has died, and my mother has died all over again, and no one can ever make it right.

So, I am off to watch the rest of the movie.   I only hope that tomorrow will be as nice, productive and complete!

0 comments: