Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Longest Week

I think this has been the longest week of my life.
Is it really only Wednesday?


Monday started with Aunt Catherine going to surgery for a
hip replacement.  Everything went GREAT, but I have to
admit that I was quite a bit worried about her going under at
her age.  She is still improving daily.

Tuesday started with a 6:30AM call from my brother stating that
my nephew was in the hospital and he needed to drive
5 hours to get to him.  I did not like the fact that my brother was
so upset and driving so far, so I pretty much talked to him
the whole way there.  Thankfully, he got there safe and sound
and his son smiled and then cried when seeing his dad.
Our thoughts and prayers are with them!

Today - yes it is only Wednesday - I went to work after being off
yesterday and slowly but surely got caught up.  I did get some good
news - my nephew JP is out of the ICU and improving!  Prayers
still requested.

And if it truly is Wednesday, that means that my BFF - Diane
will be home Friday and I will meet her at 5PM for her welcome
home supper at our favorite restaurant!  I can't wait for Friday!

Count Down - 1 day 21 hours for Diane to get home!
Hip - Hip - Hooray!!!

0 comments: